Le-Vel’s Ultimate THRIVER Season 5 Competition
SPONSORED BY: Le-Vel Brands, LLC in the United States and Le-Vel Brands Canada Inc. in Canada (“Le-Vel” or “Company”)
1. Contest Period.
The Ultimate THRIVER Season 5 Competition ("Contest") begins and ends as follows ("Contest Period"):
For residents of the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, The Philippines, and Hong Kong (Contest Territories), the Contest begins on December 26, 2023 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on March 28, 2024 at 11:59 PM ET, unless earlier terminated or extended by Le-Vel in its sole discretion.
Within the Contest Period are an Initial Round Entry Period, a Semifinal Round Selection Period, and a Grand Prize Voting Period, which are explained in detail in Section 3 below and begin and end as follows:
a.) Initial Round Entry Period. Within the overall Contest Period is the "Initial Round Entry Period," which begins on December 26, 2023 at 12:00 AM ET and ends on March 28, 2024 at 11:59 PM ET. During the Initial Round Entry Period, contestants will be able to submit an Initial Round Entry (defined in Section 4 below) and enter the Contest.
b.) Semifinal Round Selection Period. The "Semifinal Round Selection Period" begins on March 29, 2024 at 12:00 AM ET and ends on or around April 3, 2024.
c.) Grand Prize Voting Period. The "Grand Prize Voting Period" begins on or around April 4, 2024 and ends on April 10, 2024 at 11:59 PM ET.
Le-Vel reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners. Participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to the contest rules (“Official Rules”) and to Le-Vel’s decisions in its sole discretion, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
a.) Qualified Entrants. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the Contest Territories who are Le-Vel Promoters or Customers and at least eighteen (18) years of age or the legal age of majority in the territory of their residence at the time of entry. Residents of the Contest Territories who meet these eligibility requirements can enter the Contest beginning on December 26, 2023. Expecting mothers and individuals with any type of medical condition that might prevent them from safely participating in the Competition are not eligible to enter. Employees, officers, and directors of Le-Vel and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
b.) Entry Submissions: Entrants who submit all required contest materials and complete all other requirements herein as determined by Le-Vel in accordance with the Official Rules will have entered the Contest and be considered for judging and eligible to receive a prize (“Contestants”). Entries submitted after expiration of the Initial Round Entry Period will not be accepted and thus will not be eligible for judging or voting in the Contest. These Official Rules govern the Contest, and Le-Vel’s Cloud Office is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
3. Contest Description. Subject to the terms and conditions herein, during the Initial Round Entry Period, Contestants will have the opportunity to submit an Initial Round Entry to share with Le-Vel how the THRIVE Experience suite of products and offerings has helped them transform their bodies and improve their overall quality of life. At the end of the Initial Round Entry Period, Le-Vel will sort all valid Initial Round Entries received into two (2) separate categories based on age (see Section 5 below for details). Le-Vel will then judge all such Initial Round Entries to determine the single best and most compelling transformation stories in each of the two (2) categories to select a grouping of Initial Round winners who will then become our Semifinal Round Winners. Grand prize voting will take place during the Grand Prize Voting Period via the Le-Vel websites and/or designated social media platforms and will be subject to the requirements and limitations set forth in these Official Rules.
Contestants whose appearance or fitness/health transformation is, in whole or in part, the result of plastic/cosmetic surgery, liposuction, steroids, human growth hormone, or any medical or unnatural method of body enhancement or weight reduction of any kind are not eligible to enter the Contest and any such entries may be disqualified in Le-Vel’s sole and absolute discretion.
If you are not already a Le-Vel Promoter or Customer, you can sign up for a free account via our website at www.Le-Vel.com or through the Promoter who introduced you to the THRIVE Experience or The Ultimate THRIVER Competition.
4. How To Enter. Entrants must meet all eligibility requirements herein and have provided all information required on their Le-Vel account profile, including their current full name, age, gender, email, home address, and telephone number. Entrants must then submit a complete and valid Initial Round Entry via the associated contest website, which must adhere to the following guidelines:
Initial Round Entry Limits. Limit one (1) Initial Round Entry per individual.
Initial Round Submission Materials. During the Initial Round Entry Period, you must submit all of the required items listed in paragraphs I.(A)-(B) below via the online entry page located on the contest website. The required portion of the Initial Round Submission Materials along with the information required on your Le-Vel account information page collectively constitute an "Initial Round Entry."
I. Required Materials.
(A) Photographs: You must submit one (1) "Starting," one (1) “6-Week,” and one (1) "Ending” photograph exhibiting your physical transformation.
(B) Short Paragraph: You must submit a short paragraph on why you are entering this Contest and what you hope to accomplish by the end of it. It must be a maximum of 300 original words written by you in English. It should be expressive, descriptive, and related to your physical and emotional condition. You should share what inspired you to change your body and your life, and describe what you envision your life will be like at the end of this journey.
i. Contest Photographs. Your photographs must show your body from head-to-hip at a minimum (for clarification, your photographs may show you from head-to-hip or head-to-toe, but in any case, your entire face must be clearly visible in the photograph) in order to be valid, and should be of the best quality possible. To the extent possible, your photographs should be similarly posed so that the nature and extent of your physical transformation is evident. Photographs must be of you alone with no other people or pets included. Photographs submitted that include nudity, undergarments, lingerie, or that are considered to be generally in poor taste will not be accepted and may be grounds for disqualification at the sole discretion of Le-Vel. Photographs may not be altered, retouched, or modified to enhance the appearance of your transformation. Photographs must be current to the competition timeframes and cannot be from past years. No collages allowed.
ii. Contest Written Materials. The Short Paragraph submitted must be original to you and must not be in any way copied, plagiarized, or taken from any other work, or edited by another individual.
iii. Reservation Of Rights. Le-Vel reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that includes photographs, paragraphs or other materials that are deemed, at Le-Vel’s sole discretion, to violate the rights of any third party, or that contain any content that is lewd, pornographic, false, doctored, enhanced, offensive, or inappropriate in any manner.
5. Judging Criteria. At the conclusion of Initial Round Entry Period, Le-Vel will sort all valid Initial Round Entries received into the following two (2) age group categories:
- 18 – 34 years of age at time of entry of competition
- 35 years of age and older at time of entry of competition
Le-Vel will judge all valid Initial Round Entries pursuant to the Initial Round Submission Materials herein, and in its sole discretion will determine the most compelling transformation stories in each of the two (2) categories to identify the winners, each of which will be deemed a semifinalist, eligible to compete in the Grand Prize Judging.
SEMIFINAL ROUND SELECTION PERIOD
6. How To Enter. In order to be eligible to participate in the Semifinal Round, you must be a winner in the Initial Round as determined by Le-Vel in accordance with these Official Rules and meet all other requirements herein.
7. Selection Of Semi-Finalists. On or around April 3, 2024, Le-Vel will judge all valid Initial Round Entries pursuant to the Judging Criteria above, and in its sole discretion will determine the single best and most compelling transformation stories in each of the two (2) age group categories, each of which the selected Contestants will be deemed a Semi-Finalist and eligible to compete for an additional prize, including the Grand Prize (as defined below).
8. Entry Requirements. In order to enter the final round ("Final Round") and be eligible to compete for the Grand Prize (as defined in Section 11 below), you must meet all of the following requirements: (i) you must be a Semi-Finalist as determined by Le-Vel pursuant to the Semifinal Round Selection Period; (ii) you must be a current Le-Vel Promoter or Customer enrolled in an Autoship program of 160 QV or more for the length of the program.
9. Final Round Judging Criteria. Once Le-Vel has selected the most compelling stories, Le-Vel will post each of the Semi-Finalist's entries online at the designated contest website on or around April 4, 2024. From April 4, 2024 to the end of the Contest at 11:59 PM ET on April 10, 2024 anyone will be able to view the entries and vote for the entry or entries they believe exemplify the best and most compelling overall transformation(s).
Restrictions Around Obtaining Votes: Contestants are prohibited from obtaining votes in the Final Round by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements of value to prospective voters, as determined by Le-Vel in its sole discretion. Use of "dummy" accounts, emails, scripts, macros, bots, or any fraudulent or automated system to vote or impair the integrity of the voting process is prohibited and all such votes will be voided. Le-Vel reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to nullify all votes obtained via such means and to disqualify Contestants who are found to be engaging in such conduct before, during, or after the Contest.
10. Winner Announcement, Notification, Requirements.Winners of each round may be announced by Le-Vel via Le-Vel's official websites and social media platforms at Le-Vel’s sole discretion. Winners of the Initial Round will be notified on or around April 3, 2024 by email sent to the email address stated in the Contestant's Le-Vel account. Grand Prize winners will be announced on or around April 20, 2024. You acknowledge and grant Le-Vel the ability and right, in its sole discretion, to use your name and likeness, announce your name and to reproduce and publish the contents of any materials you submit on its websites, social media pages, or in any other form of public or private communication in perpetuity. It is solely the responsibility of each Contestant to make sure his/her Le-Vel account information is accurate and current.
Verification of Potential Winners. All potential winners are subject to verification by Le-Vel, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. A Contestant is not a winner of any prize unless and until eligibility has been verified and Contestant has been notified that verification is complete.
11. Prizes. Subject to these Official Rules and Le-Vel’s application of the applicable judging criteria, the prizes are as follows:
Semi Finalist and Grand Prize. The one (1) 18-34 age group winner and one (1) 35 and up age group winner who earn the highest total votes among their respective groups pursuant to the applicable judging criteria in the Final Round will each receive a grand prize of Sixty Thousand Dollars (USD $60,000.00) ("Grand Prize"). The individuals receiving the second most votes in each respective age group will each receive Thirty Thousand Dollars (USD $30,000.00). The individuals receiving the third most votes in each respective age group will each receive Twenty Thousand Dollars (USD $20,000.00). The individuals receiving the fourth most votes in each respective age group will each receive Fifteen Thousand Dollars (USD $15,000.00).
Golden Ticket Winners. Based on a random drawing of everyone that completes the competition and satisfies all requirements, Le-Vel will award a prize to five people from both age group categories of $1,000 and 1,000 Le-Vel Credits.
All dollar amounts stated in these Official Rules are in U.S. Dollars (USD). Prizes are not assignable or transferable. No exchanges and no substitutions are permitted. Any other incidental expenses relating to the prize not specified herein are the winner’s sole responsibility. Prize winners are solely responsible, at their own cost, for all matters relating to the prize, including but not limited to all federal, state and local taxes. It is the sole responsibility of each prize winner to seek independent counsel regarding personal tax implications. Other restrictions may apply. Le-Vel will not replace any lost, stolen or undeliverable prizes. You agree to reimburse Le-Vel for any prize fraudulently obtained by you. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PRIZES ARE AWARDED "AS IS" AND LE-VEL DOES NOT MAKE (AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS), ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE PRIZES.
12. Release. YOU UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE CONTEST AND YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY ACTIVITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST (COLLECTIVELY, "ACTIVITIES") MAY HAVE POTENTIALLY SIGNIFICANT AND INHERENT RISKS AND DANGERS THAT NO AMOUNT OF CARE, CAUTION, INSTRUCTION, OR EXPERTISE CAN ELIMINATE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND WILLINGLY, EXPRESSLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL THESE RISKS WHICH MAY RANGE FROM MINOR INJURIES TO SEVERE PERSONAL AND/OR BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY OR PRIVACY, AND ANY RESULTING DAMAGES OR EXPENSES. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT PARTICIPATE OR BE INVOLVED IN THE ACTIVITIES UNLESS YOU ARE IN THE PROPER PHYSICAL CONDITION (INCLUDING OBTAINING PROPER ADVICE FROM YOUR MEDICAL PROVIDER IF APPLICABLE) AND WILL IMMEDIATELY STOP ANY ACTIVITY IF YOU EXPERIENCE PAIN, DIZZINESS OR OTHER DISCOMFORT.
By participating in the Contest in any way, uploading or making any Entry for consideration (for purposes of Sections 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16, the term "Entry" is used to refer to an Initial Round Entry both individually and collectively) or taking receipt of or using any prize that may be awarded, you agree to release and hold harmless Le-Vel and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or privacy arising out of your participation in the Contest, the Activities, any posting online or otherwise of any part of your Entry for voting or otherwise, and/or receipt or use or misuse of any prize that may be awarded. NOTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL DISCLAIM, LIMIT OR EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY WHICH MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED, LIMITED OR EXCLUDED PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, YOU ALSO AGREE TO OPT-IN TO ALL LE-VEL EMAILS AND TEXT MESSAGES THAT ARE SENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS AND CELL PHONE NUMBER ON THE RECORD OF THE ACCOUNT. IF YOU HAD PREVIOUSLY OPTED-OUT OF RECEIVING THESE MESSAGES, YOUR ENTRY INTO THIS CONTEST OVERWRITES THIS OPT-OUT AND RESETS YOUR ACCOUNT TO RECEIVE BOTH.
13. Your Content, Release Of Name And Likeness. By uploading or submitting an Entry in the Contest, including any information, text, images, and any other content (collectively, "Your Content") and otherwise entering the Contest, you represent that (a) the Entry and Your Content is truthful, original to you and does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including any patent, trademark, publicity, privacy, moral, trade secret, image, copyright and/or other proprietary rights, and does not violate any applicable federal, state, local or other laws or ordinances, (b) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use and allow the use of the Entry and Your Content, including any and all patent, trademark, publicity, privacy, moral, trade secret, image, copyright, and/or other proprietary rights therein, and (c) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable person in the Entry and Your Content to use such person's name or likeness in the Entry and Your Content for the uses contemplated herein. You represent that you have not copied or in any way taken any of the Entry or Your Content from any third party.
Further, by making or submitting any Entry and Your Content, you expressly grant Le-Vel a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferrable right and license to host, store, modify, use, distribute, reproduce, excerpt, adapt, prepare derivative works of, publicly perform and display, publish, and make any other use of your Entry and Your Content in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised, as determined by Le-Vel in its sole discretion. This includes, but is not limited to, the right and license to modify, use, distribute, reproduce, excerpt, adapt, prepare derivative works of, publicly perform and display, publish and make any other use of the Entry and Your Content and all aspects thereof: (a) in and in connection with any product, recording, video, advertisement, infomercial, or any advertising or promotional material; and (b) on www.Le-Vel.com or any other website, webpage, or social media account owned, operated by or related to Le-Vel. You grant Le-Vel the right and license to use the Entry and Your Content and all aspects thereof, as set forth herein, in any way Le-Vel determines whether with or without providing any attribution or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law. You hereby waive any and all moral rights or rights of a similar nature in and to your Entry and Your Content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you expressly acknowledge and agree that nothing herein shall require Le-Vel to utilize any portion of Your Content. You agree to indemnify Le-Vel from and against all third-party trademark, copyright, intellectual property, right of publicity or other claims arising out of the use of the Entry and Your Content.
14. Publicity And Marketing. Except where prohibited by law, your participation in the Contest constitutes your express and irrevocable consent to Le-Vel and its agents worldwide use of Your Content, including without limitation your name, likeness, photographs, short paragraph, voice, opinions, biographical details and any other information you may submit or Le-Vel may obtain in connection with your Entry for promotional, marketing and trade purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, without further payment or consideration; including, without limitation, placement on the Le-Vel websites or social media platforms and creation of promotional videos featuring the winners or Contestants. In addition, except where prohibited, participation in any part of the Contest constitutes your consent to Le-Vel contacting you at a later date to inquire further and potentially gain more information about your transformation story.
15. General Conditions. This Contest is void in any country outside of the Contest Territories and where prohibited by law. Winning or accepting any prize that may be awarded in the Contest is contingent upon fulfilling all tax, regulatory, and legal obligations (including completion of any forms required in connection therewith) and any other requirements set forth in these Official Rules, which shall all be solely each Contestant's obligation. Le-Vel’s decisions shall be final and each Contestant agrees that they shall have no right or standing to challenge such decision without recourse. The submitting of an Entry confirms your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Le-Vel’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Le-Vel reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest and/or extend or delay the submission periods, judging periods, winner announcements, prize awards, or any part of thereof for any reason, including, but not limited to, force majeure (e.g. an act of war or terror), or if any other factor beyond Le-Vel’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest in any manner, or for any reason related to the administration of the Contest, as determined by Le-Vel in its sole discretion. In the event the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Le-Vel, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Le-Vel may, in its sole and absolute discretion and without any fault or liability, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel the Contest; (b) modify the Contest or suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize from among the eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the criteria in these Official Rules. Le-Vel reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be involved with tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Le-Vel’s failure to enforce any provision or term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision herein. These conditions apply only to the extent permissible under applicable law.
16. Limitation of Liability. You recognize and agree that Le-Vel is not responsible for: (1) any injury to you or any other party, and any other personal or property damage that may be caused or that may occur as a result of your attempting to create the Submission Materials or Entry; (2) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by you or another Contestant, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (3) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, cable connections, or network hardware or software; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries, prize notification, and/or winner confirmation; (5) any lost, late, delayed, corrupted, undelivered, or undeliverable Entry or prize notification; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Contest, or receipt or use or misuse of any prize that may be awarded; or (7) any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, third party prize providers or any other persons involved in providing any prize/rewards-related goods, services or accommodations. If for any reason your Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to allow another Entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, none shall be allowed.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT LE-VEL WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR ENHANCED DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, REGARDLESS OF (A) WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE, (B) WHETHER OR NOT LE-VEL WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND (C) THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED. YOU AGREE THAT THESE LIMITATIONS WILL SURVIVE AND APPLY EVEN IF ANY REMEDY IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, LE-VEL’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS ARISING OUT OF THIS CONTEST, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, WILL BE LIMITED TO AND WILL NOT EXCEED $25. NOTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL DISCLAIM, LIMIT OR EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY WHICH MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED, LIMITED OR EXCLUDED PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW.